Recipe by Queen of Cups
A lower-fat version of the Sweet Potato Queen's masterpiece!
Top Review by Noo
Minimum effort required here!!Maximum flavour achieved!!! I have never used bacon bits in my life,and had no intention of starting now,so I used some pre-cooked back bacon.I also threw in a little sliced mushroom,sliced leek and sweetcorn that I had to use up.I did cut the recipe in half,and reduced the cooking time slightly,but I still used the entire tin of soup,as I felt it was drying out a little. The end result was very tasty,including two very nearly clean plates from two small children!!Thanks. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 6 teaspoons bacon bits
- 1 cup rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- put bacon bits in bottom of 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- put uncooked rice in dish.
- lightly salt, pepper, and paprika chicken pieces, put them in dish.
- in bowl, mix soup, water, garlic salt, nutmeg, oregano, and parsley.
- pour into casserole dish.
- cover and bake 2 hours at 300 degrees- don't uncover during cooking!