Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A lower-fat version of the Sweet Potato Queen's masterpiece!
- 6 teaspoons bacon bits
- 1 cup rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- put bacon bits in bottom of 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- put uncooked rice in dish.
- lightly salt, pepper, and paprika chicken pieces, put them in dish.
- in bowl, mix soup, water, garlic salt, nutmeg, oregano, and parsley.
- pour into casserole dish.
- cover and bake 2 hours at 300 degrees- don't uncover during cooking!
Minimum effort required here!!Maximum flavour achieved!!! I have never used bacon bits in my life,and had no intention of starting now,so I used some pre-cooked back bacon.I also threw in a little sliced mushroom,sliced leek and sweetcorn that I had to use up.I did cut the recipe in half,and reduced the cooking time slightly,but I still used the entire tin of soup,as I felt it was drying out a little. The end result was very tasty,including two very nearly clean plates from two small children!!Thanks. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
I used bacon bits and do suggest using real pre cooked bacon! I found this a bit salty for me. There`s a lot of flavor going on in this dish. I did use fresh minced garlic and some pepper flakes. This is a very quick and easy meal to put together and forget about. Great for college kids.
This was quite tasty, and fast. The only change I made was that I cooked it in the crockpot. It tastes even better the next day. I think next time I will throw an onion and some mushrooms in. Thanks, Queen of Cups!