Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from Walgreens.com
- 5 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon low-fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine spinach, potato, scallions, garlic, broth, water, and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer solids to a food processor or blender and process to a smooth puree. Return puree to saucepan.
- Stir in milk and margarine and warm soup over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan.