Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a lower fat variation of my favorite Creamy-Mushroom Spinach Soup.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reduced fat margarine
- 1⁄2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, cooked & drained
- Saute mushrooms in margarine until tender in large saucepan over medium flame.
- Add flour, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Gradually add broth and milk; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Add spinach and heat through.