Recipe by allie_from_cali
I came up with this from a combo of other recipes I found here, but with lower fat cheeses (don't worry, it's still just as rich and delicious). I just kind of eyeballed the amounts of ingredients, so if you like to cook like I do, you should enjoy this recipe. If you prefer structured directions, this might not be for you.
Top Review by Kristiina
Wow! What a great recipe! I made these as an appetizer tonight for DH and I, probably would have eaten the whole plate if he weren't here! I did make a few small changes, I saved the stems from the mushrooms and chopped them up small, then sauted them with the garlic in a little bit of olive oil...just to soften them up a bit. I added that to the cheese mixture. Then, I sauted the mushroom caps on all sides to get them soft as well. Instead of the cream cheese I used a garlic and herb flavor laughing cow cheese wedge, and when I make these again, I would do it again as it added a great depth in flavor. I then topped it with a low fat mexican cheese blend and it came out wonderful, thank you so much for an awesome appetizer!
- 1 dozen mushroom cap
- 2 -3 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- diced garlic, to taste
- shredded cheese, of choice to top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cream cheese, ricotta and garlic.
- Spoon cheese mixture into mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until shredded cheese is well melted.
- I suggest putting aluminum foil on a cookie sheet for easy clean-up, since the cheese may ooze over a bit.