1/5 Photos of Lower-Fat Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
1 hr 10 mins
This is an easy and DELICIOUS cinnamon swirl bread. My family loves it...it's hard to keep on the shelf for long! This is lower fat because my recipe substitutes applesauce for most of the oil, but you cannot tell..it makes it better I think. We also don't make the glaze all the time- and love the bread even without it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, DIVIDED
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- 3Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and remaining 1 cup of sugar.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, applesauce, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients JUST until combined. (Do not overmix.). (If you do not have buttermilk, buttermilk substitutes work. I use lemon juice and milk method.).
- 5Grease the bottom only of a 9-in.x 5-in.x 3-in. loaf pan.
- 6Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar mix.
- 7Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- 8Swirl knife through batter.
- 9Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 11If desired, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lower-Fat Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (980 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2587.3
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 196.8 mg
- Sodium 2763.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 546.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 347.2 g
- Protein 40.8 g