Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lovely lower fat brownie that is very moist and delicious.
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup prune baby food
- 3 tablespoons becel margarine (or equally healthy tub margarine)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit
- combine first 3 ingredients in bowl
- using a mixer blend together all other ingredients until combined.
- Gradually add flour mix
- Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with pam
- pour batter into pan, spread evenly.
- bake about 20-22 mins or until edges feel dry to the touch but the centre is still fudgy.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool before slicing
- Store squares in an airtight container.