1/3 Photos of Lower Fat Chiles (Chiles) Rellenos Casserole
You know the John Wayne Chile Relleno casserole? The rich, eggy, cheesy one that everyone always loves? Well - it's yummy but it's fattening! Here's a delicious lower fat variation that yields a similar casserole with no guilt! Utilizes reduced fat cheese, sour cream and egg substitute for pretty darn good results!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded (Sargento's is one brand)
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3/4 cup fat free egg substitute or 3 beaten eggs
- 6 corn tortillas, torn into 2 inch pieces
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- fat free sour cream or light sour cream
- 1Spray a large deep dish pie pan, or a deep square baking pan with Pam.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, milk, egg, tortillas, chilies, salsa and salt.
- 3Mix well and pour into pan.
- 4Bake at 375 about 30 minutes until set.
- 5Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese and cilantro over top and bake another couple of minutes until cheese is melted.
- 6Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lower Fat Chiles (Chiles) Rellenos Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 788.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend