1 hr 20 mins
Amy in Kansas's Note:
Our local newspaper (Wichita Eagle) featured a family and they listed this as one of their favorite recipes. I changed several items to their non-fat counterparts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups whole tortilla chips
- 4 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies (substitute 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos for one of the cans for a spicier version)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish and line with tortilla chips.
- 2Add cooked chicken.
- 3Mix soup, sour cream, milk, chilies, cheese, onion, and garlic powder.
- 4Pour mixture over the chicken and chips.
- 5Bake at 350 for 1 hour covered.
- 6Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- 7Garnish with cheese and serve with salsa and cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lower Fat Chicken Chalupa Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.9
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 222.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken breasts
fat-free cream of chicken soup