Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Our local newspaper (Wichita Eagle) featured a family and they listed this as one of their favorite recipes. I changed several items to their non-fat counterparts.
- 6 cups whole tortilla chips
- 4 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies (substitute 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos for one of the cans for a spicier version)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish and line with tortilla chips.
- Add cooked chicken.
- Mix soup, sour cream, milk, chilies, cheese, onion, and garlic powder.
- Pour mixture over the chicken and chips.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour covered.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cheese and serve with salsa and cilantro.
I can see why this would be someone's favorite recipe. Not only is it easy to make, it tastes like creamy chicken enchiladas without all of the work. I had to substitute mushroom soup in place of the chicken and it worked fine. Surprisingly, the tortilla chips become soft and everything becomes enveloped in the creamy sauce. Keep the recipes coming Amy! Made for PAC Fall 2008.