Recipe by LisaSharon
Samples of these were brought into our office and everyone loved them and had to have the recipe. I adjusted it a little because of the oil and butter content. Still a great tasting cookie
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made a double batch of these for my other half to share at one of his weekly meetings, & they were a definite hit, with everyone surprised at how well the rice krispies pared with the oats & flour for a cookie like this! Thanks for the pleasant experience devouring these very nice tasties! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
Directions See How It's Made
- In small mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking soda.
- In large bowl, cream together sugars, butter, egg, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour alternately with oil and applesauce in about 3-4 batches.
- Stir in chocolate chips, oats and rice crispies.
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.