Prep 30 mins
Cook 16 mins
My adapted version of the sam name recipe from www.quakeroats.com. Changed some ingredients to make healthier and added some spices for extra flavor.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons sweet n low brown sugar substitute (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit or 1 cup raisins (optional)
- powdered sugar, glaze (optional)
- cinnamon (for sprinkling) (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- You only need 2.
- In large bowl, beat sugars and applesauce until well blended.
- Add egg whites, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger; mix well.
- Add oats and dried fruit; mix well.
- (Dough will be moist.) Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- I fit them in 4 X 5 rows with one cookie squeezed into the side.
- Press down cookies to desired thickness and width (these cookies will NOT spread because of no fat) Bake 4 minutes, then turn cookie sheet around to the other side and bake another 4.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.
- I suggest using my Splenda Powdered Sugar Glaze.
- One recipe should do the trick.
- Sprinkle with extra cinnamon for an extra kick, if desired.
I love these cookies! I have been making 1/2 recipes of these cookies about 3-5x's a week since I first tried then. I changed a few things, like using pumpkin seeds instead of fruit, and they come out great. I eat them as a dessert, but mainly as a healthy snack. Great recipe, thanks!
Pretty good! I added in raisins and coconut, while they tasted okay for a nonfat cookie, they were a little too dry for my taste. I'd recommend adding a bit more applesauce to the recipe. Still, very tasty little cookies, thanks!
Good cookies! I added a few mini chocolate chips, but other than that didn't do a thing! Baked the exact stated time and they are nice and soft :-) Thanks!