These have a delightful flavor and are a satisfying alternative to fries that are fried. Note that you'll need to soak and scrub the pan but it's well worth the effort. Use a non-stick pan if you have one available.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Rinse potatoes in collander under running water and pat dry.
- Arrange potatoes in pan so they don't touch each other.
- Pour milk over potatoes.
- Divide butter into several small pieces and dot evenly over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake at 425F for 25 minutes.
- Remove and add cheese evenly.
- Cover and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
These were really good, but a bit soft, would have been since if the outside of the potato was crisped up. I will make this again, but try uncovering it for the last 5 minutes or so. Thanks!
These were excellent!! I thought it was a little weird to use milk in fries but it worked. I skipped the parsley but followed everything else as directed. Thanks for posting!
Very tasty and easy. When I'm in a hurry, I cook the potatoes in the microwave for a couple minutes before slicing...saves a little time in the oven.