Recipe by TommyGato
These have a delightful flavor and are a satisfying alternative to fries that are fried. Note that you'll need to soak and scrub the pan but it's well worth the effort. Use a non-stick pan if you have one available.
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
These were really good, but a bit soft, would have been since if the outside of the potato was crisped up. I will make this again, but try uncovering it for the last 5 minutes or so. Thanks!
- 3 cups potatoes, cut for french fries
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Rinse potatoes in collander under running water and pat dry.
- Arrange potatoes in pan so they don't touch each other.
- Pour milk over potatoes.
- Divide butter into several small pieces and dot evenly over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake at 425F for 25 minutes.
- Remove and add cheese evenly.
- Cover and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.