Recipe by Chef Dudo
Saw this on the web and just had to try it. Usually I use apple sauce in place of oil or butter to make a cake lower in fat. Using pineapple was something new and the result was very tasty.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, with juice, pureed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one 9 inch baking pan.
- Puree the pineapple with its juice in a blender or with a handheld blender.
- Chop walnuts in a food processor.
- Sieve flour and baking soda and ground walnuts.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a deep mixing bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer on high speed until light in texture.
- Add pineapple and mix well.
- Add flourmixture and blend until combined, do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until tester comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Cool on wire racks 15 minutes before removing from pan.