Recipe by tyk
Adapted from a tollhouse recipe http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/29519/Chewy-Cocoa-Brownies/detail.aspx Not all that great but it's a healthier version for my chocolate fix.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- COMBINE granulated sugar, oil, applesauce, baking soda, and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa; stir egg mixture into flour. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into bars.