1/2 Photos of Lower-Fat Beef Enchiladas
Since starting Weight Watchers, I've been experimenting with how to make some of my favorite dishes lower in fat and calories. If I've figured correctly (using 93% lean ground beef and part-skim cheese), these enchiladas should have about 7-8 points each. (The nutritional information that RecipeZaar provides does not always coincide with actual package nutritional information, so please use your own judgement.) My non-Weight watching husband enjoyed them as well. Feel free to add more sauce if you like more of that, as well as add the jalapeno with a few seeds, if you like a hotter enchilada.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped, without seeds
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 8 low-fat flour tortillas
- 1Brown the ground beef, onions and jalapeno pepper till beef and onions are done. Drain fat. Add all spices, 1 cup of the enchilada sauce and 1 cup of the low-fat cheese. Mix well.
- 2Fill the tortillas, and place seam side down in a large baking dish (may take 2 dishes).
- 3Pour remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes until bubbly.
- 5Serve with additional salsa, chopped green onions, or low-fat sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lower-Fat Beef Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 521.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese
low-fat flour tortillas