Recipe by grumblebee
Love bearnaise sauce but are watching the calories? Even if you aren't a health nut, cutting back on saturated fats and extra calories is a good idea for most. This recipe takes the classic taste of bearnaise and makes it lower in fat and calories. The taste is familiar and velvety smooth, but better on your waistline! How can you go wrong there?
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup light sour cream (fat free can be used, but low fat gives a smoother texture)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan; bring to a boil and cook 1 minute.
- Strain mixture, reserving liquid; discard solids.
- Return liquid to saucepan; stir in sour cream.
- Place over low heat, and cook 1 minute or until warm, stirring frequently.
- ***note*** if you want more intense flavour you may reserve the solids, puree them, and then return them to the sauce along w/ sour cream.