1/2 Photos of Lower Fat Baked Mac and Cheese
This is the result of me playing with my MIL's baked mac and cheese recipe. IMHO it captures the flavor and texture of the original recipe without leaving a greasy feeling in the mouth. Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and coat an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- 2Cook pasta according to box directions until just done. Drain briefly, then return pasta to the cooking pot (it should still be warm).
- 3Add Smart Balance, Velveeta, milk, and 1/2 c cheddar cheese and stir until the cheeses melt. You may need to put the pan back on a burner for this.
- 4Pour pasta mixture into greased pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle remaining 1/4 c cheese on top and bake another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the top is as crunchy as you like it :).
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lower Fat Baked Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.4
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 651.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 10.9 g