This is the result of me playing with my MIL's baked mac and cheese recipe. IMHO it captures the flavor and texture of the original recipe without leaving a greasy feeling in the mouth. Hope you enjoy it!
- Preheat oven to 350 and coat an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to box directions until just done. Drain briefly, then return pasta to the cooking pot (it should still be warm).
- Add Smart Balance, Velveeta, milk, and 1/2 c cheddar cheese and stir until the cheeses melt. You may need to put the pan back on a burner for this.
- Pour pasta mixture into greased pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 c cheese on top and bake another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the top is as crunchy as you like it :).