Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe and altered it to make it both yummy and healthy!
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups peeled and chopped apples
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Beat together eggs, applesauce and sugar.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and sallt together in a seperate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and apples.
- Pour into 2 greased bread pans.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done.
this has turned out lovely very tasty indeed
This a great recipe! I halved it and used three egg whites in place of the eggs, Splenda in place of the sugar, and two whole apples. I used vanilla extract, too. Because of the Splenda, I stored this in the refrigerator; it was wonderful cold or warmed in the microwave. Thanks for posting!