Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
While you can never call Alfredo Sauce truly low fat and guilt free, here is one that has maybe less guilt associated with it :)
- 1 quart fat-free half-and-half
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup light margarine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Melt the half and half, cream cheese and margarine together in a sauce pan.
- When nice and bubbly hot slowly add the parmesan cheese.
- Next add the garlic.
- Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- **Note, this sauce will separate. It's ok, when mixed with your pasta it will taste great and not be separated. I think it has something to do with the low fat oils.
This was pretty tastey! Unfortunately it would get more stars but its just not the same as the delicious fatty stuff! lol But I will definately make this again to watch our fat intake! I have made this a second time and paired it with my creamy prosciutto pasta Creamy Prosciutto Pasta and it was the perfect match!