Recipe by pixieglenn
While you can never call Alfredo Sauce truly low fat and guilt free, here is one that has maybe less guilt associated with it :)
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
This was pretty tastey! Unfortunately it would get more stars but its just not the same as the delicious fatty stuff! lol But I will definately make this again to watch our fat intake! I have made this a second time and paired it with my creamy prosciutto pasta Recipe #286859 and it was the perfect match!
- 1 quart fat-free half-and-half
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup light margarine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the half and half, cream cheese and margarine together in a sauce pan.
- When nice and bubbly hot slowly add the parmesan cheese.
- Next add the garlic.
- Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- **Note, this sauce will separate. It's ok, when mixed with your pasta it will taste great and not be separated. I think it has something to do with the low fat oils.