Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that I explored with in the kitchen. Its easy and no egg or oil is necessary. Don't worry you can't tell a difference in taste. Also, I usually serve this with a side of penne pasta in marinara sauce and garlic toast.
- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (give or take a few ounces)
- 8 -10 ounces spaghetti sauce, bertolli works very well (slighty lower sugar than others)
- 2 1⁄2 cups of contadina Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- On a large flat plate pour tomato sauce. Pre-Heat the oven at 375°F.
- On a large flate plate pour bread crumbs, oregano, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Make sure ingredients are blended together.
- Take a piece of chicken breast and dip it into the tomato sauce. Flip until chicken is completely covered in sauce on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce and dip into the bread crumb mix until the tomato sauce is completely covered.
- Repeat with each piece of chicken.
- Place Chicken on a baking pan. Preferably a broiler pan.
- Bake for about 45min- 60 min until chicken breasts are thoroughly cooked and the coating is a golden brown. (Time depends on how size of chicken breast).
- Pull pan out of oven and pour about 2 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce on breasts.
- Generously distribute mozzerella over the breasts and top it with parsley flakes.
- Place the pan back into the over for 5 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted.