Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on a low carb website, I wish I could remember which one. Now that I don't do low carb I dredge the chicken breasts in 3 TBSP flour and salt & pepper to taste before throwing them into the skillet.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup white wine (I use chardonnay)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- Warm olive oil in skillet.
- Cook chicken in skillet approximately 4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, and capers to skillet.
- Bring to boil, and then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in butter 1 piece at a time.
- Once butter is completely mixed in, pour sauce over chicken.
Wow this was tasty and the sauce to die for. I will double up on the sauce the next time I make this. I can see pork chops or a fillet of pork being used as well. Thank you for a beautiful supper.
Wordeful! Easy and tasty! I used only olive oil and not the butter, but that was the only change I made. Caper was so good with the lemon. I cooked the chicken for 2 minutes in the oil and then I let it simmer with the sauce for 15 minutes more. It will be a regular for now on!!! Thanks for sharing! Made it for PAC Fall 2007.
I love this recipe. I pulled it a few weeks ago and I make 4 servings every week for lunches or dinners and freeze it for later. I add more lemon zest since I think it adds more flavor. It's great!