Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is our five-days a week breakfast and it has it all: it's low carb, hi-protein, a good source of fiber, dairy and antioxidants. It's creamy, sweet, crunchy and has great flavor. Ant it'll last you all morning. PS: The carb count the site has computed on this is not accurate - the TVP has about 2 g. carbs, the flax seed meal is a wash, the coconut has about 2, the berries are about 6, the yogurt and cottage cheese about 8: and remember, the natural milk sugars in unsweetened yogurt don't impact blood sugars the way refined sugars do.
- 118.29 ml low fat cottage cheese
- 118.29 ml unsweetened plain yogurt
- 118.29 ml blueberries or 118.29 ml strawberries or 118.29 ml raspberries
- 29.58 ml textured vegetable protein (textured vegetable protein ,crunchy soy protein)
- 29.58 ml flax seed meal
- 14.79 ml dried unsweetened flaked coconut
- 9.85 ml Splenda sugar substitute (artificial sweetener)
- Layer the berries with the yogurt and cottage cheese.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add to the layered fruit and dairy just before serving.
- We mix up the dry ingredients and keep them in a cannister.
- Vary this by using other fruits.
I agree. I am diabetic and always looking for recipes with very low carbs and sugar substitutes eg. sweet n low, equal, splenda used instead of sugar. I have not found any on this site!
Sorry, but there are too many carbs & too many sugars for diabetics. Just look at the nutrition facts listed.