Recipe by One Happy Woman
This is our five-days a week breakfast and it has it all: it's low carb, hi-protein, a good source of fiber, dairy and antioxidants. It's creamy, sweet, crunchy and has great flavor. Ant it'll last you all morning. PS: The carb count the site has computed on this is not accurate - the TVP has about 2 g. carbs, the flax seed meal is a wash, the coconut has about 2, the berries are about 6, the yogurt and cottage cheese about 8: and remember, the natural milk sugars in unsweetened yogurt don't impact blood sugars the way refined sugars do.
Top Review by tlapin_9533339
I agree. I am diabetic and always looking for recipes with very low carbs and sugar substitutes eg. sweet n low, equal, splenda used instead of sugar. I have not found any on this site!
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries or 1⁄2 cup strawberries or 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons textured vegetable protein (textured vegetable protein ,crunchy soy protein)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon dried unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (artificial sweetener)