One Happy Woman's Note:
This is our five-days a week breakfast and it has it all: it's low carb, hi-protein, a good source of fiber, dairy and antioxidants. It's creamy, sweet, crunchy and has great flavor. Ant it'll last you all morning. PS: The carb count the site has computed on this is not accurate - the TVP has about 2 g. carbs, the flax seed meal is a wash, the coconut has about 2, the berries are about 6, the yogurt and cottage cheese about 8: and remember, the natural milk sugars in unsweetened yogurt don't impact blood sugars the way refined sugars do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup blueberries or 1/2 cup strawberries or 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons textured vegetable protein (textured vegetable protein ,crunchy soy protein)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon dried unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (artificial sweetener)
- 1Layer the berries with the yogurt and cottage cheese.
- 2Mix the dry ingredients and add to the layered fruit and dairy just before serving.
- 4We mix up the dry ingredients and keep them in a cannister.
- 5Vary this by using other fruits.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lower Carb Healthy Breakfast Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.9
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 521.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein