Recipe by Nicole McBride
This egg casserole is the best I have ever had. It is much more low-carb friendly than all other egg casserole recipes because it does not have any bread or potatoes. This recipe came from my Mom and she got it from her mother in law. This can be made a day in advance and kept in the fridge until ready to bake. We have included other veggies such as asparagus and zucchini. This is the perfect recipe for Christmas morning or any family gathering.
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1 lb colby-monterey jack cheese or 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 smoked Polish sausage, sliced (Kielbasa)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the beaten eggs.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture.
- Pour into a 12 X 9 casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 40 minutes or until an inserted knife slides out clean.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream or your favorite hot sauce.