Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe uses less pasta, as well as a lower carb version of noodles. Heavy cream and shredded cheese replace canned creams and processed Velveeta.
- 5 ounces half the bag of carba-nada pasta
- 1⁄2-1 lb mushroom
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease large casserole dish.
- Debone rotisserie chicken, shred the chicken, and set aside.
- Mince or dice mushrooms. Sauté in butter with garlic cloves until soft. Drain. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Mix together chicken, pasta, mushroom/garlic, chili powder, cream, milk , salt, and pepper, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle rest of cheese over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, uncovered.