Lower Carb Andouille Sausage and Okra Gumbo
- Melt butter in Gumbo Pot.
- Incorporate Flour with a whisk and cook over Medium to Medium high heat, whisking constantly, until roux resembles the color of peanut butter (6-8 minutes). Remove pot from heat.
- Add Onions, Celery and Green Pepper and saute over medium low heat until soft.
- Add Diced Chicken, and continue to saute until cubes of meat are cooked through.
- Add Ham and Andouille and saute a few more minutes.
- Add Okra, Tomatoes, Water, Vegetable Broth and Tony Chachere's seasoning and bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1-2 hours until thickened.
- Serve over 1/4 Cup Cooked Rice (or finely chopped cooked Cauliflower if you are a strict low carber).