Recipe by Norah Shannon
This is an altered version of a recipe I found on allrecipes.com. The original is very soft and yummy. However, now that I am watching my weight, I wanted to find a healthier alternative.
- 4 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups imperial margarine, softened
- 5⁄8 cup Splenda granular
- 3⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesjello sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 brown eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, and SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.