Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the splenda website. I may try reducing the yolks to 5 and see what happens to reduce calories and fat even more. Time listed includes chilling.
- Mix together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan.
- Set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks.
- Add to SPLENDA® Granular mixture whisking until blended.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Cook over low heat, whisking constantly until the temperature reaches 175 degrees approximately (5 to 8 minutes).
- Remove from heat and whisk in half and half; cool.
- Cover and chill 3 hours or up to 3 days. Stir in vanilla extract just before serving.
- Their website also says you that if desired, 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract can be replaced with 1 cup dark rum.