Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From the splenda website. I may try reducing the yolks to 5 and see what happens to reduce calories and fat even more. Time listed includes chilling.
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 7 egg yolks
- 4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 cups half & half light cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Mix together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan.
- Set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks.
- Add to SPLENDA® Granular mixture whisking until blended.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Cook over low heat, whisking constantly until the temperature reaches 175 degrees approximately (5 to 8 minutes).
- Remove from heat and whisk in half and half; cool.
- Cover and chill 3 hours or up to 3 days. Stir in vanilla extract just before serving.
- Their website also says you that if desired, 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract can be replaced with 1 cup dark rum.