Recipe by JESMom
This looks a lot like the Barefoot Contessa recipe for Chicken Piccata, but this one has only 225 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving! From WW Take Out Tonight
Top Review by PaulaG
A delicious dish with minimal effort. I used boneless, skinless breasts which were flattened slightly to promote even cooking. As the recipe was reduced to 2 servings, I used only the egg white and not the whole egg. The broth and lemon juice were added to the pan and the small amount of liquid evaporated quickly. Additional broth was added. This was served with recipe #265317 and a side salad.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- lemon, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mustard and egg in a small bowl. Place the bread crumbs on a sheet of wax paper. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the bread crumbs to cover.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken in the oil until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the broth and lemon juice to the skillet. Simmer 30 seconds, stir in the parsley.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the lemon sliced, if desired.