Recipe by BurtonFanatic
It's not super low cal, but it's lighter than most. calories: 163 total fat: 9g saturated fat: 3g cholesterol: 18mg sodium: 919mg carbohydrate: 12g fiber: 2g protein: 10g
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup halved sliced zucchini
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 4 ounces fully cooked smoked link sausage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine onion, sweet pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, and 1/4 cup of the broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining broth, the undrained tomatoes, pizza sauce, sausage, and seasoning. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender. Top each serving with cheese.