Recipe by childofHK
During my last post, I discovered that I could cut down the calorie count in my pancakes! Here is a new version of it, however, it may be less satisfying!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and sugar (all dry ingredients).
- Add in milk and fold until smooth.
- Whip egg whites until glossy, add into batter, FOLDING GENTLY (there may be lumps!).
- Heat oil in griddle over medium heat.
- Once griddle starts smoking drop batter by tablespoonfuls.
- Add in additional ingredients if making unique pancakes. But take notice that chocolate has to be added into batter before cooking.
- When bubbles appear on top of raw side, flip the pancake. (Around 2 minutes).
- When able to slide spatula completely under pancake, lift off or fry until golden.
- Enjoy! (With fruit, , dash of cinnamon, honey, cool whip, or lemon zest!).