Recipe by AMDmtmom
I modified this recipe and cut it in half so that my small family could enjoy a healthier dessert without too much left over to snack on in the middle of the night.
Top Review by Pomtini
Quick, easy, and delicious. The topping seemed a little too salty, I will probably reduce the salt to 1/4 tsp next time. I may also reduce the splenda in the filling. I thought it was too sweet but DH and the kids liked it as is. 5/8 cup = 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons 1/8 cup = 2 tablespoons
- 3 cups frozen blackberries (or peaches)
- 5⁄8 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first three ingredients (blackberries, 5/8 cup Splenda and 1/8 cup flour) and add to an 8x8 glass baking dish.
- For the batter, combine the remaining 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup Splenda, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a fork and add milk and melted butter.
- Cover the blackberry filling with the batter, using a spoon to smooth it out to the edges of the pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar Splenda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until batter is crisp and cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.