Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Paula Deen's show, made by her guest, Damon Fowler.
- 4 pork chops, centered-cut, 1 inch thick
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 green bell peppers, medium, stemmed, cored, membranes removed, cut into strips
- 2 onions, yellow, trimmed, cut lengthwise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Trim the excess fat from the chops and season well with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly roll the chops in flour, shake off the excess, and slip them into the pan.
- Brown well, about 3 minutes per side, and remove them to a plate.
- Add the bell peppers and onions to the skillet and saute until softened,about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about half a minute longer.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the skillet.
- Add chops to pan and place vegetables on top of pork chops.
- Pour in the broth and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover pan with foil and allow to simmer for 45 minutes or until chops are tender.
Loved it. Very simple and delicious. Thanks!
Oh my. The ingredients are so simple, but the result is extraordinarily good! My new favorite pork chops. I left the sauce alone, but made one minor change. I poured the broth in, before returning the chops, and scraped the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Then I added the chops, topped with veggies, and sprinkled with Worcestershire. Thank you, Mightyro! Made for PhotoTag.
The pork chops turned out so tender and flavorful. I followed the recipe exactly as posted and cook time was right-on. Thanks!