Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A yummy snack or even a breakfast bar
Make and share this Low-Sugar Whole Grain Cranberry Pumpkin Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup packed Splenda brown sugar blend
- 4 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine or 4 tablespoons butter, soft, at room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350ºF . Lightly coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with butter cooking spray, then dust lightly with flour.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and margarine(or butter) with an electric mixer; beat in egg, egg white, pumpkin and milk.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture just until moistened, then add cranberries and mix gently.
- Spread batter in pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center springs back when gently pressed. Cool and cut into 18 bars.