Recipe by Chatwon
I made this recipe to be a Low Sugar version of the popular Eagle and Borden's brands of Condensed Milk for my Pumpkin Pie. I used the American version of SugarTwin with Dark Corn Syrup to achieve low sugar and some browning. Note: to further reduce sugar, reduce to only one tablespoon corn syrup.
- 1 1⁄3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwaveable cup stir together enough water into milk powder till it's a paste. When well blended, stir in remaining water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 50 seconds, (it should be hot but not boiling).
- Blend in vanilla and syrup.
- Stir in sugar substitute.
- Cover and store in fridge. Chill at least 2 hrs before using. Will keep for 2 weeks.