Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have modified my Mom's Pumpkin Pie recipe to make it WLS friendly.... I promise you'll never be able to tell its low in sugar!
- 1 Pillsbury ready made pie dough
- 1 cup Libby's canned pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 tablespoon flour (heaping)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- Mix all except milk. Add milk and mix. Bake at 450' for 10 minutes, then at 350' for 40 minutes. When knife comes out clean, pie is done --
- Optional: Top with a dollop of Sugar Free Cool Whip.
Disappointed that this is called "Low Sugar" when it contains Splenda. I am still looking for a truly 'low sugar' pumpkin recipe, since I will not eat artificial sweeteners and I think most desserts taste too sweet anyway. I'm sure this one is just fine, it's just not one I'm going to make.