Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
For those of us on restriction diets with cravings for Sweets or something chewy or crunchy these are delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder together and set aside.
- Mix softened butter, syrup, maple extract and sugars until creamy.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. The cookie dough will be crumbly.
- Dump dough onto the counter and knead until you can form it into a log.
- Wrap the cookie log in Saran Wrap and refrigerate until well chilled (about 2 hours), or you can freeze the dough for 3-4 weeks.
- When dough is chilled, cut dough into 1/4 inch slices and place on a ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes depending on your oven. The edges of the cookies should be a golden brown when done.
- Let cookies cool and serve with a large glass of milk or a nice hot cup of coffee.
- Icing Option- 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup; mix and drizzle over cooled cookies.