Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from sparkpeople.com. I haven't tried it yet, but I it sounds like a winner! Calories: 38/ Fat: 2.2 g/ Carbohydrates: 5.8 g
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine Splenda, evaporated milk, butter and salt in a medium size heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Boil and stir 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour mixture into foil-lined 8-inch square pan. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm to the touch.
- Remove foil from pan and fudge. Cut into squares.
- Refrigerate any remaining fudge.
No way you could tell this was low fat and low cal. This is rich, but I love it. I am not sure my boyfriend will like the richness as much.
This recipe is great if you're looking for fudge in the consistency of half dried Elmer's Glue. I fed this batch to my garbage.
Tasted great, but it never hardened like fudge is supposed to. It was my first time making fudge, so very likely a mistake on my part, but I followed recipe to a T! It was very rich, but that's how I like my fudge!