Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
Light, lemony and refreshing--great for diabetics or post-op gastric bypass patients.
Top Review by Little Squirrel
I had to edit my rating on this from 4 stars to 3 stars. Although for a low fat cheesecake, its not bad, i found out afterwards from the company I served this to that they really didn't like it and didn't want to hurt my feelings. I thought the cheesecake had a nice lemon flavour to it and sweetness. The texture of the cheesecake was not as light as I thought it would be though. We couldn't find the lemon cookies listed in the recipe, so we used lemon social teas, but the rest of the recipe we followed exactly. But based on the comments I received from my guests, I would probably not make this again.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) packagemurray sugar-free lemon cookies
- 4 teaspoons melted margarine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press into the bottom of a cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 6 - 8 minutes and remove from oven.
- Next using a mixer, beat softened cream cheese, sugar and sugar substitute, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice and sour cream until creamy.
- Pour mixture into the baked cookie crust and return to the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until set depending on your oven.
- While cheese cake is in the oven, mix the topping and set aside.
- Remove cheese cake from the oven and let cool slightly.
- After the cake has cooled, pour the sour cream mixture over the top of the cake and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- When the topping is set, remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes and then place the cheesecake into the fridge until completely cold.
- Before serving, run a butter knife around the edges or the sides of your pan and carefully remove for slicing.