Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious on any type of cake or cupcake.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 -2 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
- Let the Cream Cheese and the Butter reach room temperature.
- Next, Beat all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Icing cake/ cupcakes or drizzle over a Bundt cake.
- The Cake with this Icing should be refrigerated because of the Cream Cheese if there are any leftovers.
This was a disaster. The frosting just was not pleasant to taste.
I'm sorry, I really wanted to like this recipe, but it just felt short. I used 1/3 less fat neifchatel cheese instead of fat free because I've used fat free cream cheese before and it always turns out like glue. The rest of the recipe I followed true to form, using butter instead of margarine and omitting the vanilla extract. The result was basically slightly sweetened cream cheese. It didn't even begin to taste like frosting. It was dense and barely sweet (and this is from a girl who doesn't care for overly sweet frosting). It took a lot of tinkering before I got it to reach anything resembling frosting.
I made a carrot apple sauce cake this morning and wanted to frost it with something that didn't have a lot of carbs. I found your recipe and was very happy that you had published it. I cut the recipe in half which frosted one large bundt cake and there was a little left over. Instead of using any dairy, I used tofutti cream cheese, instead of Splenda I used Z-Sweet and instead of vanilla extract, I used lemon. I didn't add the maple extract. I also diluted it a bit with some soy milk as I wanted it to cascade over the cake. It tasted delicious and I will make this one again, thanks for the great recipe.