Recipe by Soup Fly *
I have low sugar and dairy tolerance, but have been craving a shake ever since watching my fiance and his cousin devour shakes during a long (and, for me, shakeless)car trip. So, I came home and made up this quick shake I can eat without fear of feeling sick. I was nice, though, and shared with my fiance. :) He didn't even know it was low-sugar or low-carb - I consider that a good sign!
Top Review by CountryLady
Who says that healthy can't taste delicious? Even my 13 year old grandson loved it! I was able to find the frozen yogurt but struck out on the low carb milk - I substituted with Natura Original Soy Beverage which is dairy, lactose & colesterol free. I didn't spoil the "healthiness' with any toppings. Thanx triviakat!
- 2 cups no-sugar-added strawberry frozen yogurt (hard to find, at least around here, but worth the search)
- 1 cup low-carb milk (Carb Countdown is the only brand I'm aware of, but it's in all the chain markets in this area)
- 1 -2 tablespoon strawberry all-fruit spread (no sugar added)
- whipped topping (optional)
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- sliced strawberry (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional) or chocolate shavings (optional)