1/7 Photos of Low Sugar Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is an adaptation of a Hershey's recipe I developed for the 2006 'Zaar cookie swap. These are small cookies but they have a wonderful soft cakey texture and a rich chocolate flavor. I made them with a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop and got 26 cookies. Stick with measuring out a teaspoon or so of dough and you should get the full three dozn. They do get dry after a few days, much more so than a typical cake cookie. My advice, share them and enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (equal to 1/2 cup brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons cocoa (I like Droste)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (If yo can't find the chips, a bar chopped into bits works too)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2In medium bowl, beat butters and brown sugar together until well blended. Add egg and vanilla continuing to beat well.
- 3Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk to butter mixture.
- 4Stir in small chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate).
- 5Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten tops of cookies using the bottom of a glass or the palm of your hand. (Note these cookies do not spread.) Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set.
- 6Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Sugar Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.6
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 48.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free chocolate chips