Recipe by glitter
I found this on a diabetic recipe site and have made them several times since. They don't taste low sugar and produce a very soft flavorful cookie. I hope you'll like them, too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (I use 1/2 cup Splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the margarine until fluffy.
- Add the sugars, egg, applesauce, milk, and vanilla and beat one minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips and the flour mixture.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, 14-16 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a baking rack.