1/1 Photo of Low Sugar Carrot Cake
This is a very moist cake and no one will guess that it's low sugar! I make it instead of a regular carrot cake because I like the use of baby food carrots instead of having little chunks of carrots in my cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 packet Sweet 'n Low
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (4 ounce) jars carrot baby food
- 2 large eggs, separated,at room temperature
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- 3Into large bowl, sift together flour, 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar, 1 packet Sweet'N Low, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- 4In medium bowl, combine apple juice, oil, and egg yolks.
- 5Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- 6In large metal bowl with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 7Gradually add remaining 2 tbsp sugar, continuing to beat until stiff; fold into batter.
- 8Pour into prepared pan.
- 9Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 10Cool on wire rack.
- 11Prepare frosting: In medium bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese gradually adding powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and 2 packets Sweet'N Low, until smooth and fluffy.
- 12Spread over cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Sugar Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 178.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g