Recipe by bugsbunnyfan
This is a very moist cake and no one will guess that it's low sugar! I make it instead of a regular carrot cake because I like the use of baby food carrots instead of having little chunks of carrots in my cake!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 packet Sweet 'n Low
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (4 ounce) jars carrot baby food
- 2 large eggs, separated,at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 packets Sweet 'n Low
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Into large bowl, sift together flour, 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar, 1 packet Sweet'N Low, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In medium bowl, combine apple juice, oil, and egg yolks.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- In large metal bowl with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining 2 tbsp sugar, continuing to beat until stiff; fold into batter.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Prepare frosting: In medium bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese gradually adding powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and 2 packets Sweet'N Low, until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread over cooled cake.