2 hrs 45 mins
A low-sugar caramel mocha mousse that is a big hit at dinner parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup davinci gourmet sugar-free caramel syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup light whipped topping
- 1/4 cup light whipped topping, plus
- 2 tablespoons light whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup skim milk, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup instant powdered nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1Place 1/2 cup of the milk in a one quart saucepan.
- 2Sprinkle the gelatin over the milk, and set aside for 2 minutes to allow the gelatin to soften.
- 3Place the gelatin mixture over low heat, and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until the gelatin is dissolved. Do not let the mixture boil.
- 4Remove the pot from the heat, and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of milk, the nonfat dry milk, and the sugar.
- 5Transfer the gelatin mixture to a medium sized mixing bowl and chill for about 25 minutes or until the mixture resembles raw egg white.
- 6Using an electric mixer, beat the chilled gelatin mixture at high speed for about 4 minutes, or until it resembles soft whipped cream.
- 7While the gelatin mixture is chilling, place the ricotta, liqueur, cocoa, syrup, and vanilla extract in a food processor or blender and and process until smooth.
- 8Gently fold the ricotta mixture into the whipped gelatin mixture.
- 9Then fold in the whipped topping.
- 10Divide the mousse among six balloon wine glasses.
- 11Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm. When ready to serve, top each with a tablespoon of light whipped topping and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Sugar Caramel Mocha Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 165.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 38.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free caramel syrup
fat-free ricotta cheese