Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A low-sugar caramel mocha mousse that is a big hit at dinner parties.
Make and share this Low Sugar Caramel Mocha Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup davinci gourmet sugar-free caramel syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup light whipped topping
- 1⁄4 cup light whipped topping, plus
- 2 tablespoons light whipped topping
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup skim milk, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup instant powdered nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- Place 1/2 cup of the milk in a one quart saucepan.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the milk, and set aside for 2 minutes to allow the gelatin to soften.
- Place the gelatin mixture over low heat, and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until the gelatin is dissolved. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of milk, the nonfat dry milk, and the sugar.
- Transfer the gelatin mixture to a medium sized mixing bowl and chill for about 25 minutes or until the mixture resembles raw egg white.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the chilled gelatin mixture at high speed for about 4 minutes, or until it resembles soft whipped cream.
- While the gelatin mixture is chilling, place the ricotta, liqueur, cocoa, syrup, and vanilla extract in a food processor or blender and and process until smooth.
- Gently fold the ricotta mixture into the whipped gelatin mixture.
- Then fold in the whipped topping.
- Divide the mousse among six balloon wine glasses.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm. When ready to serve, top each with a tablespoon of light whipped topping and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.