Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adapted this recipe from Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins using agave nectar instead of sugars and wheat germ in place of some of the flour. Thanks to Manda for posting original recipe.
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup agave nectar (I use light amber)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly coat 12-18 muffin tin liners with cooking spray and place in muffin tin.
- In large bowl, mash bananas with fork.
- Whisk in egg, milk, and agave nectar.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, nutritional yeast (optional), baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12-18 muffin cups.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.