1/1 Photo of Low-Sugar Banana Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Still Cookingfor7's Note:
I used to make my banana bread with 2 1/2 cups sugar. This recipe has only 1/2 cup sugar. It also uses half whole-wheat flour. It is not as sweet as the banana bread I used to love, and it has a courser texture from the whole-wheat flour. But the family still eats it up like candy. Use white whole wheat flour if you can find it. Also, make sure the bananas are VERY ripe (but not rotten... yuck). Without much sugar, this recipe really relies on very ripe bananas to sweeten it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together 1st 6 ingredients (dry ingredients).
- 2Beat eggs in large mixing bowl. Gradually add sugars and oil. Add vanilla and dry ingredients. Blend well, then stir in banana and apple sauce.
- 3Pour into tow greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 F for about 1 hour. (Tops should be cracked and dry inside).
- 4Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Sugar Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.8
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 164.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g