Top Review by weekend cooker
What a great cake !! Made recipe as posted except I added my own recipe that I have posted for the apple butter. Other than that I added a tad more nutmeg, but all in all this is one GREAT apple cake. Love the low calories too. Made for PRMR tag.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 cup low-sugar apple butter
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8" springform pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat oil and molasses with an electric mixer on high speed for one minute.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend on high speed 30 seconds.
- Add Splenda and beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture, grated apple, and apple butter. Mix until blended.
- Spread batter evenly in pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Remove springform sides from bottom.
- Serve warm.