Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I suffer from Congestive Heart Failure and needed a low sodium dinner! This new recipe is kind of like bruschetta! Really yummy, taste real fresh!
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 dash italian seasoning
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 4 -5 slices zucchini (thin slices)
- 3 slices roma tomatoes (thin slices)
- 2 -3 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle the Bread with olive oil, garlic powder and Italian Seasoning.
- Cut zucchini, roma tomatoes and mozzerella cheese in thin slices, enough to cover bread.
- Layer bread w/ tomatoes first, zucchini next, then top with cheese.
- Use toaster oven to toast a little then broil until cheese is brown and bubbly!
- Let Cool a bit and Enjoy!
- Note: calculated sodium for CHF sufferers or anybody watching sodium is 190mg.
752 mg of sodium is not low my dietian said nothing over 400 mg in my house i will go as high as 500 mg this is per serving so look at the serving size to know how much you can eat