Recipe by Kamami
I suffer from Congestive Heart Failure and needed a low sodium dinner! This new recipe is kind of like bruschetta! Really yummy, taste real fresh!
Top Review by nancbrow
752 mg of sodium is not low my dietian said nothing over 400 mg in my house i will go as high as 500 mg this is per serving so look at the serving size to know how much you can eat
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 dash italian seasoning
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 4 -5 slices zucchini (thin slices)
- 3 slices roma tomatoes (thin slices)
- 2 -3 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the Bread with olive oil, garlic powder and Italian Seasoning.
- Cut zucchini, roma tomatoes and mozzerella cheese in thin slices, enough to cover bread.
- Layer bread w/ tomatoes first, zucchini next, then top with cheese.
- Use toaster oven to toast a little then broil until cheese is brown and bubbly!
- Let Cool a bit and Enjoy!
- Note: calculated sodium for CHF sufferers or anybody watching sodium is 190mg.